Excuses, excuses...
¥es, I'm still out here... GOMEN NASAI! (That's "I'm sorry" in Japanese.) I do seem to have fallen off the blogging wagon... (And a big apology to Cally for having to endure looking at the sumo guys for that long!) Guess this time of year is always pretty hectic, no matter what country you're in. The main reason I haven't posted in three weeks is that I just haven't been home very much lately, and home is the only place I can post since Blogger is blocked at school.
The busy-ness all started a few weeks ago, when I was getting ready for an annual English Teachers Conference (both Japanese English teachers and native English teachers) and I was asked present for a workshop (not by myself, although I had to last year) with two other girls. Our topic was the ever-exciting one of EVALUATION. We divided it into three parts: Evaluating Writing, Listening, and Speaking (since those are the most common areas that we are required to evaluate.) My part was Listening since I have a lot of experience in the area from making and recording the listening tests at my school (which are then broadcast through the airwaves of the ten classes I teach). There were about 60 people who attended our workshop, and we fortunately had a pretty active audience so it wasn't just us talking... Anyway, I was glad when all of that was over since I am not big on public-speaking... but that is also the reason I force myself to do it from time to time.
Since then, I joined a newly-built gym, which I've been trying to be diligent about going to, since it's so conveniently located near my apartment and even open to midnight. I like to go right after school so I don't even think about it. EVERYTHING is new there so it's hardly painful. All of the treadmills have built-in TVs, and there's a swimming pool, and even an outdoor onsen (Japanese-style hot spring spa) and "relaxation room." It's posh!
I've also had lots of Christmas parties and weeknight dinners going on, I've been fighting off a cold since everyone else at school comes in sick, I broke up with my boyfriend, and I was in Tokyo this whole past weekend. Yep, that pretty much does it on my list of reasons for not blogging.
It's gotten COLD lately. Perhaps that should put me in the Christmas mood, but it doesn't because there is no snow here. In some ways, I'm glad it doesn't feel more like Christmas because it makes it easier for me... I'm actually working on Christmas Day since it is not a holiday here... but you can't feel too sorry for me since I leave for Thailand a few days after that. More on Christmas in Japan in my next post.... which WILL be before Christmas, I promise!


2 Comments:
Yeah! A new post! I am looking forward to the Christmas one!
I agree - YAY a new kim post! :) (the more we praise her, maybe the more she'll post!) hee hee... Glad to see that japan keeps you busy. You'll have to fill us in on the bf breakup. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home